Explore American State Equipment Company's used inventory, attachments and showrooms. Our brands include lines from Gomaco, KPI-JCI Astec, Liebherr, Manitowoc, Roadtec, and more.
2020 LIEBHERR LB20-230
Contact Us For Pricing
LIEBHERR LB 20-230−DRILLING RIG
The compact drilling rig LB 20-230 can be used for different drilling methods such as the classic Kelly drilling with or without casing oscillator, continuous flight auger drilling (CFA), drilling with partial or full displacement tools or double rotary drilling. The focus is on a great level of mobility – the rig can therefore be transported fully-mounted. This ensures the fast moving of the machine between different jobsites, thus positively effecting the cost-effective operation of the rig. The basic for fast working cycles is high torque. Therefore Liebherr has developed its own powerful rotary drives of the BAT series.
EASY TRANSPORTATION AND QUICK SET-UP
• Basic machine and leader with all hydraulic hoses connected can be transported in one piece. The minimized assembly work allows for quick and easy transportation of the machine between jobsites. Hence, time and money are saved even before operation starts.
HIGH SERVICE AVAILABILITY
• A global service network with experienced technicians and fast access to spare parts ensure high machine availability and a long product service life.
INNOVATIVE CRANE CONTROL
• The crane control system offers a multitude of program and control options for various drilling methods. Service and machine data are also provided on color displays. The operator thus benefits from a facilitated handling of the rig. Hence, quick working cycles are achieved.
INNOVATIVE ROTARY DRIVE
• The hydraulic BAT rotary drive designed by Liebherr delivers the required torque for a wide range of drilling applications. The automated torque adjustment and the continuous speed optimization react flexibly to changing soil conditions – this guarantees an optimum crowd force.
DESIGNED FOR CHALLENGING JOBS
• Drilling requires a robust and torsion resistant leader. Moreover, thanks to its unique parallel kinematics a large operating area is achieved, thus guaranteeing precise and solid working. The telescopic undercarriage and the long crawlers offer a high level of stability.
POWERFUL DRIVE TECHNOLOGY
• The Liebherr-own and fuel-efficient diesel engine generates the required power. In combination with the on-board hydraulics a sufficient amount of performance for various deep foundation works is provided. When using further attachments like casing oscillators, no additional power pack is needed.
• If required, Liebherr piling and rotary drilling rigs can be equipped with a number of casing oscillators which are operated via the machine’s on-board hydraulics. No external power pack is required which leads to significant cost savings.
AUTOMATIC ENGINE STOP
• The machine can optionally be equipped with an automatic engine stop control. Thanks to this feature it automatically switches off during longer work breaks after evaluating several machine parameters. This is fuel saving and environmentally friendly.
FLEET MANAGEMENT AND TELESERVICE
• The data transmission and positioning system “LiDAT” provides important information on the operation of the machine. With these data the operation becomes more efficient. Various additional modules allow machine data reporting or access through service engineers via teleservice.
ECO SILENT MODE
• With the eco silent mode the engine speed can be reduced to a predefined, required level. With this feature a notable reduction in diesel consumption can be achieved without any impact on operational output. Noise emissions are thus also lowered.
LOW-HEAD LEADER SYSTEM
• The automatic casing drive adapter with remote control for locking and unlocking the casing pipe offers significant advantages in terms of safety as no personnel is exposed to the hazardous area. In addition faster production cycles can be achieved.
ELECTRONIC EVALUATION OF WORKING PROCESSES
• With the PDE process data recording system machine data is recorded during the working process. With PDR these data can be managed, displayed tabularly or graphically, and analyzed. In combination with the telematics system LiDAT these reports can be easily generated from the office.
• Kelly drilling belongs to the most common dry rotary drilling methods. Soil and rock material is conveyed to the surface discontinuously with relatively short rotary drilling tools.
DOUBLE ROTARY DRILLING
• Double rotary drilling combines continuous flight auger drilling with a continuous casing.
CONTINUOUS FLIGHT AUGER DRILLING
• The loosened soil material is continuously conveyed to the surface using a continuous auger, the so-called continuous flight auger.
FULL DISPLACEMENT DRILLING
• Full displacement drilling is a modification of continuous flight auger drilling. The drilling tool used is a smooth pipe with an auger-type starter piece.
• For down-the-hole drilling a hammer is mounted on the lower end of a drill rod. The hammer is activated by adding compressed air.
Similar models may be shown in addition to the featured model. Equipment may be shown with options. Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
Horse Power: 402